Upfluence's Influencer Relationship Management (IRM) tool is an important feature to help you manage all of the influencers you have in your influencer network. The IRM is also the central point for creating promo codes that you can easily share with your influencers. Find out how discount code creation and sharing works in this article.
Before you can create discount codes, it is necessary to connect your Shopify store to Upfluence. If this is not done, please follow the instructions in this article: How to connect Shopify Store to Upfluence
If your account is already integrated, please ensure that all permissions have been updated. If you have any doubts, please reset the integration by following the Shopify login tutorial above again.
How to create and assign discount codes to influencers in the IRM
First, open the IRM and select the influencers to which you want to assign the codes. When this is done, you will see a "Discount Offer" button appear in the action bar above your table. Click on it.
You will now have the choice between "New Discount Offer" or "Existing Discount Offer". What is the difference between the two?
- New Discount Offer: allows you to create a new group of codes with new conditions, durations, type, etc.
- Existing Discount Offer: allows you to add influencers to an existing group of codes under the same conditions
Select "New Discount Offer" if you have not yet created any discount codes.
You will be redirected to the configuration page to customize your new discount offer. Please be sure to fill in all of the following information:
- Discount Offer Name: Name of the offer. This name must be unique.
- Provider Platform: The e-commerce platform or store where the discount offer will be applicable.
- Discount Type: Select the type of discount to offer. (ie. 10% off or $50 discount)
- Value: % reduction if percentage, or the fixed deduction amount in $.
- Code Pattern: The pattern/syntax used to generate new discount codes.
- Active Dates: Set the time limits during which the generated offer is active.
When all the information has been filled in and the offer corresponds to your needs, you can confirm by clicking on "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Note: All generated codes will have the same configuration (type, value, pattern, usage limits, active dates)
You will be redirected to your IRM and a new "Status" column will have been added by default. This column allows you to follow the status of the discount code generation. Code generation can take several minutes, usually around 1 minute per code.
Once generated, your codes appear in this column.
You can filter this column to see only those influencers related to a specific discount offer.
You also have the ability to track the performance of the discount codes by adding other columns dedicated to your "Discount Offer".
When all your codes have been generated, you can go on to the typical next step in this process which consists of sending the codes to the influencers your have chosen. You can find instructions for this step here: